Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Seville sts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 97 Seville sts for fairly cheap do to the kid needing to pay fines. Cadillac has always been my dream cars. I don’t know why I have always loved them since I was a kid watching the locals drive them to the car shows! But back on topic, I have changed break lines fuel lines calipers and few other small things. I keep throwing a few codes and I know what they are but maybe you can give me some advice on going about repairs. PCM p300 Random/multiple misfire (thinking about changing cables and spark plugs) RSS B1716 fr damper actuator short circuit to ground. I used a multi meter and checked the wires to what I think is the damper (little black box with A little metal connecting rod and beak type peice sticking out at the bottom of the strut) and everything checked out power wise on the wire harness! Do I have to by a new strut or can I buy just a damper. If I can by just the damper what is the technical term for it because I cannot find then anywhere!!Then there are 2 more I can’t remember the code but I remember what they were for, one is reverse relay lamp short circuit to ground. I pulled the tail lights I couldn’t find any exposed wires or anything other than corroded lights and sockets, cleaned them still showing the same code. Then the last one fuel sensor open/shorted to B+

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,475 Posts
Here's your waste spark system. Probably time for new AC Delco ($$$) plug wires, plugs (41-950), and a general coil/coil base/ICM cleaning with a check of the ICM ground cable. Make VERY sure the plug wires are connected to the correct coil tower and plug.

Have the car scanned at a parts store - their equipment will give the cylinder(s) that have a miss. (P 0301, P 0302, P 0305, etc.).

The "damper" is the front strut itself - your car has CVRSS (Constantly Variable Road Sensing Suspension) - the struts and shocks are eletrically controlled for damping action depending on road/driving conditions. The box with connector rod to the lower control arm is a suspension height/position sensor (1 of 4). Over 14 sensors send suspension control signals the the PCM. Wait 'till you find the cost of OEM struts and shocks for that car .......

pre-2000 sparkplug-coil diagram.jpg

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,111 Posts
Shortly after I had my '97 Deville in for the fuel rail recall it developed a misfire. Long story short, new wires solved the problem. The wires lay over the fuel rail and had to be moved. Turns out, old wires did not like to be disturbed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 🙏 for the info I got one of the codes to come off very simple once I went through the fuse box and found out I was missing a fuse for the park/reverse lights. And I was hoping to keep the original feel of the car but after looking at the price at the electronic struts I am torn🤯. So with the current financial status. Is it possible to switch the front over to coil or gas filled struts (idk technical names) And for now keep the back how it is, or when I convert I have to convert all 4 sides at once.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well now there is this any chance this could throw a misfire code or fuel sensor open to B+

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never noticed it posted got really crappy service where I live... but it’s the filler neck (the part you pump gas into) but all is good I managed to figure out what I needed to do ( submariner for future reference behind your back seats in a 97 at least there is a cvrss damper actuator I had a short on one of the wires fixed it up now I have original Suspension) thanks for the advice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts