Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currenly have GYEagle RS-As that are almost completely worn out (55000miles)

Could anyone recommened replacement tires?
I've looked at possible ones:
Goodyear RS-A, Regatta 2
Michelin Hydroedge, Harmony

I've heard bad things about RS-As...so I maybe want to replace them, although I've never had any major driving problems with them, but I never owned any other tires before, so I can't make a comparison.

I'm looking for All-Seasons High Performace OR All-Seasons Premium tire that has good control, stability, cornering and dry/wet traction...and moderate winter capabilites.

Thnx for help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I picked up a set of four Bridgestone Turanzas for my 98 STS in Nov and have been completely satisfied. They are excellent in wet weather. I go through standing water like it's dry pavement. I got 'em for $116 a piece at Firestone (mounted, balanced, warranty, and lifetime balance). Not too bad.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Speed rating is going to reduce the number of brands/styles you have to choose from. Tire makers do not produce tires to "H" or "Z" speed rating specifications in every tire style. Your car most likely came with either H or Z. Check the factory sticker; mine is on the driver's door.

You might even find a tire dealer who will refuse to install a speed rating lower than the original equipment sticker.

I am happy with the wet/dry performance of my Michelin MXV4 Plus set. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I recommend you to use Bf Goodrich or Michelin and never leave original size so stick to it My choice is 235 /60 16 Z 100W
Hope you will be satisfied with the tryres :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just put Michelin Pilot A/S on my wife's '93 and they seem to perform well, particularly in the snow.

Check out the TireRack.com under ultra high performance all season. They have ratings there too for what that's worth.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
BoostMasterK