Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a Bose CD/Tape Headunit work My 97 SLS that doesnot have a CD Player and Does not say bose Anywhere on the Tape player that is in the dash?

This is the Style I have:

This Is What Im looking At:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I wouldnt see why it wouldnt work....... Check the connectors to make sure their the same....... It looks about the same size....... Someone else will chime in to verify!!!

Welcome...... Thanks for signing up!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
01 Seville - Radio/CD ??

Mike,
I just bought a 01 Seville and am considering a XM radio system but want to be sure it will work with On-star and the current controls on the dash. Also, the current Bose system has a C/D error that comes on. I know that is not good. Not sure if I want to repair that but I was thinking about putting in a C/D changer and looked at the web site you provided. Very good site! Any suggestions you can offer on this is appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank- Aurora, Il

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bose Swap

I am familiar with the Deville stero systems. I am inclined to believe that you can swap it out since they are both BOSE. This means they should both have the same speaker system which incluces a RIM (Radio Interface Module). In the deville it is located in the trunk

·
Registered
23 Posts
One word of caution. I noticed that the new radio had theftlock and the old one didn't. This may be a problem. If your car didn't come with theftlock don't know if a theftlock radio will work. Check with dealer. Once you get a new theftlock radio you have to go to dealer to get it working. About an hours labor charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts