Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 SLS that I love. Great car. Almost 100K miles on it. Looks almost new.

At the end of July I had the AC/Heater blower unit replaced ($500) by the dealer. Coming home from work yesterday (85° outside) I noticed no cold air coming out of the vents. Got home, popped the hood, no condensation on the AC unit. It was warm.

My question: In the process of replacing the blower, do components of the AC system have to be touched? Does tubing have to be removed or connections broken? Could there be a slow refrigerant leak somewhere? Or is it just coincidental that some AC component went bad now?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Im sorry I cant help you, but I would take it back to the dealer..... I would have to imagine that some of the stuff would have to get moved/disconnected........

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
jbrown said:
I have a 97 SLS that I love. Great car. Almost 100K miles on it. Looks almost new.

At the end of July I had the AC/Heater blower unit replaced ($500) by the dealer. Coming home from work yesterday (85° outside) I noticed no cold air coming out of the vents. Got home, popped the hood, no condensation on the AC unit. It was warm.

My question: In the process of replacing the blower, do components of the AC system have to be touched? Does tubing have to be removed or connections broken? Could there be a slow refrigerant leak somewhere? Or is it just coincidental that some AC component went bad now?
It's probably an electrical wiring problem.
I have the same car and my AC wasn't blowing cold air because there was an electrical short that caused the engine's cooling fan not to work correctly. They fixed the electrical short and voila, the cold air worked again great. While this probably isn't the problem it may be a clue. Good luck, your car rules.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I don't recall having to break any refrig. lines to do the job. Either way, you would have a message on the DIC if you were low on refrig. Since you didn't mention that you got a warning on the DIC, I'm guessing that there's sufficient refrig in the system. I'd start by checking fuses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts