Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the 1997 Seville's have the wiring pre run to the trunk for a cd changer. Is this true and where is the wiring located if it is? Mine is a 1997 Seville SLS. I dont have the bose radio, or atleast it doesnt say bose on it, but it sounds awsome and only has a tape player. I dont want to loose the factory look on the dash by replacing it with an aftermarket cd player. A factory changer would be awsome. Thanks Mike and Michele T

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Look in the trunk, right side rear behind the carpet to see if the connector is there.
I don't remember exactly but that sounds like the era when they were located back there.
If it's there it should be plug and play, although the changers can be pricey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 1997 Seville SLS without a CD changer. Bought one on EBay for $112 and $20 shipping. The GM part number is 16199553. It was simply plug and play. To locate the wires just peel back the trunk liner on the RH side. Make a small slit in the liner and bring the harness though. I had to make a bracket to hold the unit down. Did that with a piece of sheet metal and a couple metal screws. It works great. I then bought another CD cartridge (EBay again). Now my wife has one and so do I.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts