Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Would someone in here please help me out. I have a Cad Seville 97. Every morning when I start the engine, the car stumbles even though it isnt moving, till the engine heats up. Once the engine heats up its ok.

Occasionally it also stumbles upon sudden acceleration. Could someone please help me out here. I would welcome everyones views before I take it to the dealer for a check up. Cause frankly speaking those guys are full of shit.

Last time I took my car to get the windows fixed, they disconnected the power mirrors and then said that it wasnt working prior to the service.

Thanks in advance once again to all of you.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
carmu said:
Hi guys,

Would someone in here please help me out. I have a Cad Seville 97. Every morning when I start the engine, the car stumbles even though it isnt moving, till the engine heats up. Once the engine heats up its ok.

Occasionally it also stumbles upon sudden acceleration. Could someone please help me out here. I would welcome everyones views before I take it to the dealer for a check up. Cause frankly speaking those guys are full of shit.

Last time I took my car to get the windows fixed, they disconnected the power mirrors and then said that it wasnt working prior to the service.

I agree with delzy - your symptoms are exactly the same as I had about a year ago. I replaced plugs with AC-Delco 41-950s and wires with AC-Delco wire set 748J (the GM-recommended parts) and it starts faster than ever and the misfiring is gone. The part numbers are the same for your 97 Seville. Definitely stay away from Bosch platinum plugs - they are junk. The Delco wire set is also recommended above other brands even though it is more expensive. It about a $160-$200 job to do it yourself (recommended) or the dealership will probably charge $500 for it. I found the parts for good prices at www.rockauto.com. Others like www.gmpartsdirect.com or www.gmotors.com. I also agree with your feelings on dealerships.

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
carmu said:
Hi guys,

A little off topic....

Any dealership service department worth their salt will make a note on the form submitted for service. This protects both the dealer and the customer. The mechanic or team leader "should" note on the service contract that they found the power mirrors inoperative. If they did not, then they are responsible for repair. If they noted this problem (on paper), then it is the customer's responsibility to determine if repair is necessary. That is why there are service writers, mechanics, leaders, foreman, etcetera. It just so happens that the power window switch and mirror switch are located in the same pad. Why did they not test everything upon final check? That was just plain sloppy workmanship on their part. I would not rely on that dealership for anything. You can use any GM dealership for service. You are not bound just to Cadillac dealership network. There are times when it is most beneficial to use Cadillac for repair, however the mechanics may at any time consult between divisions if they feel the need to do so.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
Have you had the fuel rail recall done? Wires going bad right afterwards is not uncommon. Many of us, including myself have expirience it. I agree with Delzy & Mcowden. Start with plugs and wires (tune up).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your posts guys. I appreciate all your help. I will check the plugs and wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts