Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Sevile 97 SLS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have had my seville for 2 years now, and the gas gauge has never worked,...
I keep up my multiplying my mpg avg by the gallons of gas i put in. SO far , so good.

What type of price am i looking at to fix this, and is it something i can check myself, i.e,..loose cable/plug ect.?

thanks in advance to all responders,

g

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
Probably a bad sending unit in the tank. $200 or so for the part I would guess plus labor to drop the tank and R & R it.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Deville
91 Posts
Sending unit!!! It is about a 1 hour job. 1st - Make sure that you run as much gas out of the tank as possible. It will make it easy on putting it back up. You need two jacks and something to let the car sit on. You need a rachet and about a foot and a half of extensions. Forgot the size of the socket. Four screws holds two straps that holds the tank to the car. Take one of the jacks and a 1 square foot piece of board and place board between the jack and gas tank so as you lower the tank the jack will support it from falling. when you got it all the way down take a big flathead screw driver and there is a metal ring that twist out that holds the pump in place. Use the flathead and hammer the twist it out. remember when you disconnect the gaslines and wiring harness, remember where each line goes. FOllw the steps in reverse and you should be okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts