Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Sevile 97 SLS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn, my nephews leaky creaky 96 ecipse passed so figured i take it there. Nope. the HC (PPM) 47 MAX---MEAS--86,....31 MAX---MEAS 39.

are Seville's hard testers? They mentioned perhaps a tuneup or an air filter,...........should've taken it to a test/repair place.

tia,

g

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
A factory service manual would probably help you out here. FSM for my 90 CDV had sections about failed emissions tests and what to do for specific failures. Wish I had read that BEFORE I blew $600 on a catalytic converter that wasn't the problem. A dealer service dept. might also be willing to tell you the solution.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,059 Posts
:confused: Tough call with no data. What engine? How many miles? How many miles since major tune? Any DIC error codes? How do you drive: fast and hard, moderate, or like Grandma.....? Have you changed the air and fuel filters recently? What gas do you burn? How much oil does the engine use? Is the inside of your tailpipe tip black and oily or black and fluffy or clean? Normally, a good N* is an easy emissions pass, even with minor air filter and exhaust mods.

·
Registered
Cadillac Sevile 97 SLS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused: Tough call with no data. What engine? How many miles? How many miles since major tune? Any DIC error codes? How do you drive: fast and hard, moderate, or like Grandma.....? Have you changed the air and fuel filters recently? What gas do you burn? How much oil does the engine use? Is the inside of your tailpipe tip black and oily or black and fluffy or clean? Normally, a good N* is an easy emissions pass, even with minor air filter and exhaust mods.

northstar 4.6/ 91k,.... 18months since tuneup/ check coolant level is on, but thats the sensor in the surge, car does not run hot. moderate driver. No change of filters since tune up/ tailpipe typically black not oily/ run chevron or shell premium.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts