Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,269 Posts
Thermostat and water pump belt tensioner are certainly worth checking, but you would surely hope the dealer checked all the possibilities before diagnosing the head gaskets.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,269 Posts
sdpj said:
thanks, you guys are awesome. how could i tell if the radiator cap is bad, actually i assume you guys mean the purge tank cap. ranger, i have checked the purge line, that was one of the first things you told me to do, its good to go. also can i flush the radiator out myslef or do i need to take it somewhere. hopefully its something simple. ill see what i can do.
Sorry, I forget what I told who to do :bonkers:.
Actually you can have the cap checked. Most shops have a hand held cooling system pump. They come with adapters to test the caps. I would doubt if anyone would even charge you for it.

Flushing it is simple. Just pull both radiator hoses, stick a garden hose in the upper, seal it with your hand and turn it on. Not a bad idea to reverse the flow. The more pressure and flow the better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.