Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for weeks for a computer chip or programmer for my 97 Eldorado i heard rumors but have had no luck finding anything, if any one knows were to get one please post the link. also i put new exhaust and air intake on my car i want more performance so if any one has any ideas on how to increase the horsepower on a N* w/o breaking the bank please help.
I was reading about the on-board diagnostic and the ability to override some functions. i heard that you can advace or retard your timing, spark and also how much your fuel injectors put out, i have no idea how to do this and what system it would be under I don't know what PZM stands for i am thinking that my be it, but there would be some power increase if i can figure out how to retard the timing a degree. Thanks :gun2: :gun: :cop:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I've heard that there are no chips available for the OBD-II PCM, because nobody tried to hack the system yet. I don't know what you can do with the override function though.
If you have a VIN Y engine, you can change the intake cams to get you up to 300hp but it would lower your torque so you would need a tranny with a different gear ratio to compensate. Also you would need a new PCM because the timing would be way off.
Other than that the only ways to get real jumps in hp is to get some kind of forced induction or NOS.

The N* has been pretty much juiced out by its manufacturer, so It's hard to find them extra horsies.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
You've already done exhaust. An intake is pretty much worthless, but make sure whatever you have still flows air over the PCM (which is under the stock airbox and needs air flowing over it to keep it cool.) Your only realistic option that retains the stock computer is to spray it. Go for a 100 shot or smaller to keep it safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
davesdeville