Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 ETC
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
My 97 ETC, 145K miles, just sent a message "A/C Refrigererant Low", "A/C Turning Off".

I bought a can of refrigerant, but I'm not sure if the system accepted any; I can't turn on the AC compressor and I thought that is required for the system to charge. I will most likely bring the car to a professional, but any ideas would be appreciated.

e.g. onces the system has turned itself off due to low coolant, is there a way to reset that fault?

The last time I had and AC problem fixed is wat $800 parts/labor in my chevy 1500 truck. I'm not sure how much I want to invest in this car. I have loved this car but you have to know when to fold-em too.

·
Registered
95 FWB Blk on Blk. (120K) 98 Deville Concours, 1991 SDV.
133 Posts
My 98 ETC says the same thing. I also tried to put a can of stuff in mine and will not accept it. A/C pump not running as you mentioned?
I will have to read my service manual and see what is the deal to filling it, or getting the pump to go so we can fill it ourselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts