Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

my washer is not working on my eldorado.., what should i look for other than a fuse ?
does the hose come loose from these units ?
where is the washer pump located and how do I get to it ?

thanks,
kevin

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
kevinrea said:
hi guys,

my washer is not working on my eldorado.., what should i look for other than a fuse ?
does the hose come loose from these units ?
where is the washer pump located and how do I get to it ?

thanks,
kevin
I just pulled my washer pump out earlier to check it, and it works fine. Obviously, it is not getting juice on the car. Will investigate futher tomorrow.

Dumbfounded that I cannot locate the fuse for the washer pump in the owners manual. Does anyone know where it is for a 97 STS???

·
Registered
157 Posts
Depending on where you live, sometimes like here in Arizona, you have to test it once or twice a month to assure it's got fluid in it and in the lines. Evaporation can happen and plug, delay, and or not prime correctly. Also, on my '99 Eldo, the lines have seperated at times, cleaning the inside of the engine compartment rather that the windsheild. So check these lines and connectors to be sure they are OK. Also, these pumps are pretty cheap in design and will corrode. So your pump may need to replaced, not too expensive, $12 to $15 bucks or so. But before you do that, this same corrosion may be on electrical connections and may be cleaned off and coated to prevent additional corrosion. Good Luck.
lry99eldo

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
I believe the pump is located in the reservoir. Not sure if it can be serviced seperately or not. I suspect the wipers and washers are fed by the same fuse.

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
I disconnected the washer fluid line at/in front of the left-hand/drivers-side shock tower area. There is a rubber connecter where the line can be disconnected. Blew into the disconnected hose(going to washers), and it was clear.

Inspected the pins yesterday, and it seems fine...visually, at least. Very clean, and without any corrosion. The pump was clean as well, and functioned when tested off the car.

Wil inspect further and report back.

·
Registered
2004 SLS
254 Posts
Blew into the hose from the pump, and the line is clear all the way to washer nozzles. Re-installed the pump. Disconnect/connect other connectors in area. Re-ck operation and function. The pump works now! Cleaned connections and connector pins. Used WD40. It is a go! Thanks for everyone's help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just pulled my washer pump out earlier to check it, and it works fine. Obviously, it is not getting juice on the car. Will investigate futher tomorrow.

Dumbfounded that I cannot locate the fuse for the washer pump in the owners manual. Does anyone know where it is for a 97 STS???
Did you find the fuse having the same problem?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Welcome to CF !!!

The post to which you replied was posted 15 years ago and the OP has not logged in for many years. The last reply to this thread was also 15 years ago.

Please update your profile to show Cadillac(s) driven, then ask your question in your own thread ("discussion"). Thanks.

·
Registered
'72 Eldorado Convertible, '97 Eldorado ETC, '93 Fleetwood
1,024 Posts
And here I got interested when I saw the title :rolleyes:

I have a '97 ETC for which the washer doesn't work. It's a broken T in the lines I haven't gotten to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts