Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

my drivers side window quit working in my '97 eldorado.
the motor does not make any sound when you push on the switch.. it didn't slowly move to a stop., it just stopped about half way down/up.
my passenger side window works just fine.

anyway, i went by the dealer, and the service advisor said that if it was a fuse, that both windows would stop working.

so, they said either switch or motor.
i was thinking in the meantime, if it was the switch.., does anyone out there know which wires i could jump together on the back of the switch so i could just roll it up ?

if it is the motor., anyone know a manual way to put the window up until i get a new motor ?

thanks,
kevin
[email protected]

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
If it were me, I would first locate the fuse, buy extras, then jump the wires. Chances are that you're going to blow that fuse with the process of elimination. I'm sorry I don't know what each wire is for though.

·
Registered
1997 ETC
178 Posts
Same thing happened in my '97 ETC. I pressed the auto-window down, and it didn't do anything. I pressed it a few times, and it still didn't. Although, here's the twist... After about 30 seconds after pulling out of park, and driving, it automatically rolled down like I had just then pressed the button? Now it's working on and off, but usually off.

·
Registered
2000 Dev, 94 FW (crushed), 96 FW Limo (sold), 95 SLS (sold)
367 Posts
Hold the button while you slam the door like a 2 dollar whore and it might come back to life if it is a dead spot in the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts