Cadillac Owners Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1997 ETC
4,915 Posts
Just got her back from the shop to have the front struts installed, then i drove her to get an alignment (independant mechanic doesn't have an alignment tool)

Such a night and day difference, especially after the alignment, im such a happy camper right now. Thanks everyone for their help. It took me a little over a year to save up the money for the replacements and installation

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Touring Coupe &1999 Eldorado Destroyed by Tim Carroll/CCC
67 Posts
Hi all, sorry for resurrecting an old thread. However, I seem to be in the same position as Bob Ross, who I've sent a PM but it says that he hasn't been around in 7 months so I don't know if or when he will receive it.

Below is what I PM'd him and if anyone else can answer my question, please do. Thanks.

hello, i just finished reading your very informative thread and thank you for taking the time to document your experience. looks like i am in the same situation as i recently had the monroe 90011 front strut conversion kit installed onto my 2002 vin9 eldorado and like yours my front end is riding high. my question is according to your post #113 you wrote: "The plate was installed incorrectly, with it's flat bevel facing rearwards. It should have been installed rotated 90 degrees so that flat bevel faces outwards, towards the wheel, and lined up with the lower seat plates which are attached to the strut. Due to the angled nature of the upper plate, this improper positioning is what was causing the ride height issue."

so i am wondering if i take my eldo back to my mechanic guy would he be able to rotate the plate properly to fix this issue? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Touring Coupe &1999 Eldorado Destroyed by Tim Carroll/CCC
67 Posts
Just an update: I brought my Eldo back to my mechanic this morning. He removed the Driver Side Strut and right off the bat we noticed that the spring plate was situated according to Monroe's instructions. Nevertheless, he completely disassembled (twice) the strut and reassembled it according to the instructions. There was no change in the ride height.

He doesn't know what to make of it and of course neither do I. I guess that I'm going to have to do like Bob Ross and get ACDELCO parts and the OEM upper spring plate(s) from a junkyard and try that.

I'm certainly no expert, so take this with a grain of salt if you will, I do not recommend anyone install the Monroe 90011-1 & 90011-2 Struts onto a VIN9 Eldorado unless and until Monroe solves this stupid spring plate problem.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts