Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has 106k. the service ride control light is not on, but, the car has an obvious suspension problem due to its rough ride over bumps. what is the average mileage one could expect from front and rear shocks. should i just replace all four..i also have a coolant leak that occurs about once every week or two that leaves a two foot round puddle on the floor. i can not find a source of the leak. help...........

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
How long shocks and struts last depends greatly on how they are used. They will last almost forever if they are used strictly in smooth highway driving, but will likely have a short lifespan if driven over pot holed city streets everyday.

You are going to have to give us a little better description of where the puddle is other than "on the floor" if we are going to be of any help in locating the leak.

·
Registered
Cadillac
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the puddle seems to be back toward firewall area............I live in dupage co. but milage is at least 50% highway/interstate

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,016 Posts
Is the puddle really coolant (orange and slippery) or just water ?? If it's water, then that's the condensate drain from the A/C evaporator chamber. The drain for that is sort of near the firewall toward the passenger side.

If it's coolant, how far up in the surge tank is your level - COLD ? It should be set at halfway up the tank - any more and the heated expanding coolant tends to blow out the tank cap.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
Good point Sub. A two foot puddle is a pretty big leak. Does it coincide with your A/C use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts