Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Cadillac Devile
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 97 deville that didnt come with a cd changer. I recently ran into one at the junk yard, bought it and pluged it in using the pre wired harness. Changer came to life immediately and started to play discs that had been left inside. I changed the discs to myown and that was the end of it. The changerwill not play anymore, takes forever to load and gives error message. The other discs will not play either. Any suggestions, i got the changer from the same year deville as mine and it was a delco model.:hmm:

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Take a good look at the changer connector its been laying around in the trunk a long time... clean it with rubbing alcohol allow it to dry good before hooking it back up.

If that doesn't work you need to find a buddy with a 1997-1999 that will let you plug your changer into to see if it works.

·
Registered
97 Cadillac Devile
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you 00 Deville, i had'nt thought of cleaning the connector, i will certainly do that n if it doest work will find someone with a 97 deville to test. i hope this will solve the problem. thanks again i will let you know if it works.

·
Registered
97 Cadillac Devile
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hallo everyone, about the cd changer errors, i took my car to the dealer as a last resort, and they said i had a bad radio and the changer was not compatible with it. i went home frustrated and $80 short, read the manual over again and realized that the cds were supposed to be loaded up side down. I changed the cds, loaded the changer and to my amazement the thing played right up!. Read your manuals thoroughly people and save a ton of money. stay away from the dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts