Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Deville Vintage edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I am new to the cadillac forum and had a question about my 97 deville. I has problems starting. I would take maybe 6 seconds of cranking to turn over and sometimes longer then that. When you turn the car off after running and turn it back on it would fire right up but if you leave it sit for a while it will have problems starting again. Can anybody tell me what might be wrong with my caddy? Is it the spark plugs, Fuel issues, what? I have not changed the spark plugs since I bought it about 3 months ago and dont know when the last time they were changed. Anything would help. Thank you!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,793 Posts
Get your trouble codes FIRST, as posted.

Best bet is the fuel pressure regulator OR the fuel pump itself: test the fuel pressure - the Schrader fitting on the rear run of the fuel rail. Running pressure should be 40 psi +.

On the right rear end of the fuel rail - start the engine and remove the vacuum line - raw gas ??? If you decide to replace the FPR - talk to Chris up in RippyParts - Vendors ^^^. Simple hairpin clip, lift out the FPR (make sure the lower O-ring comes out), oil the O-rings on the new unit and press it in and secure it with the clip.

For your car, to replace the fuel pump module you'll need to drop the tank - no fun.

·
Registered
1998 Deville with northstar engine
2 Posts
Maybe the crank shaft sensor. Mine was doing the exact same thing so I brought it in and it was only one of them that was bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts