Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1997 DeVille Concours, 1989 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 DeVille is missing the front splash guard. I found out why these are important. Heading home one night I got caught in a very heavy downpour on 94 west out of Detroit. Traveling at about 60 and slowing due to visibility my charge light came on and I lost power steering, this only lasted 10-15 seconds but i assumed it was water splashing up onto the belt. So does any one have a picture of a splash guard. i have material to make one but i dont know the details like fastener locations and final shape. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this the one that connected to the front bumper?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like the part I need. I’ll try it. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,053 Posts
You could also look through www.car-part.com and www.cadillacheaven.com. Used parts yards.

The plastic rivets for the splash guard (lower air deflector) and wheelwell liners can be found on the HELP! racks at parts stores or in a Fastenal store.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck with Cadillac Heaven but thanks for the link. They have some other stuff I need. I’ll probably just purchase it new.

·
Registered
98 Concours, 2004 Deville DTS
200 Posts
If you do buy one and install it please let us know how hard it was to put on. I need one but it looks like a pain to install. I too have problems with belt slippage in the rain, it improved when I ripped out the whole splash guard.

·
Administrator
71,053 Posts
Not only is the entire lower panel a "splash guard" it is also designed as an air dam, forcing incoming grille air through the condenser and radiator, then around and past the engine thence down and out the lower firewall and fenderwell area.

Not really that difficult to install/remove. Mine has been out a half dozen times when working around the oil filter adapter/CKP/alternator areas.

·
Registered
98 Concours, 2004 Deville DTS
200 Posts
Not really that difficult to install/remove. Mine has been out a half dozen times when working around the oil filter adapter/CKP/alternator areas.
Sub just curious when you say not that difficult which model are you talking about? My 2004 is easy to remove and replace, my 1998 not so much.

·
Administrator
71,053 Posts
The earlier Devilles are "not really that difficult" but are more trouble than my 2002 STS - it has only 13 plastic rivets holding it on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ordered the new splash guard. None of the local junk yards had them and couldn’t find a used one online.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think this is what you're looking for.

I got the skirt last week waiting for the next oil change to install. It looks very good. Now to find the fasteners. While I have her up I’ll replace the oil sending unit and oil filter adapter gaskets.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,557 Posts
Check Fastenal for the push pin rivets..

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
844 Posts
I got the skirt last week waiting for the next oil change to install. It looks very good. Now to find the fasteners. While I have her up I’ll replace the oil sending unit and oil filter adapter gaskets.
Is it leaking oil? I wouldn't mess with that stuff if I didn't have to.

·
Administrator
71,053 Posts
Yep ^ ^ ^ Pushpin rivets - pull the pin, the river collapses. Push the pin in, the rivet locks. Many different sizes.

Either Fastenal (cheaper in bulk boxes) or on the HELP! racks at parts stores.

Some parts stores are carrying a line of AuVeCo fasteners - the suppliers to the automotive industry for over 100 years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it leaking oil? I wouldn't mess with that stuff if I didn't have to.
The oil pressure switch is very wet and the oil filter adapter is also wet. So those will get taken Care of but that’s about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts