Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thanks in avance for anyone's help I cleared my and and traction lights finally and I routed the problem down to a bad right rear hub assembly which getting done tomorrow but it snowed smd rained a lot and there's massive puddles and it seems to Newell im fairly certain that when I go thru a big enuff puddle it automatically will throw and and traction lights then they will clear up but it threw a bunch of codes like front driver Hub, c1255 and then there's the always constant c1298 loss of cummunications
And also the current was c1241 variable efforts steering malfunction any ideas of what is possibly causing this I guess water is getting sumewhere and throwing the codes sorry about shitty thread I am driving and writing this im always working

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,234 Posts
Hi, thanks in avance for anyone's help I cleared my and and traction lights finally and I routed the problem down to a bad right rear hub assembly which getting done tomorrow but it snowed smd rained a lot and there's massive puddles and it seems to Newell im fairly certain that when I go thru a big enuff puddle it automatically will throw and and traction lights then they will clear up but it threw a bunch of codes like front driver Hub, c1255 and then there's the always constant c1298 loss of cummunications
And also the current was c1241 variable efforts steering malfunction any ideas of what is possibly causing this I guess water is getting sumewhere and throwing the codes sorry about shitty thread I am driving and writing this im always working
------------------------
I am driving and writing this
that is VERY dangerous to OTHER victims around you -

why don't you try again - later -
when you are safely stopped somewhere -
and you can concentrate on writing -

PUNCTUATION helps US try to assemble your seemingly random thoughts -

·
Registered
1997 Deville
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay well I'm sorry my random thoughts are as follows

Abs and tcs lights would illuminate( light up) intermittenly in between the constant service steering system message. I know I need a rest Hub assembly but I don't think that will solve my problem!!

It was wet out( it rained a lot) and as I went thru a hefty puddle, there would be no ses lights on clear dash, it would throw both abs and tcs lights on the dash!!! It was right as the front of the car would enter the puddle!! My assumption is that the water was penetrating somewhere in the engine that would cause this!!! After a minute or so the dash would clear again.

Now my question is if anyone has any incite on a possibility where moisture could be getting in somewhere and throwing the codes.
The codes I had were
c 1241- variable effort steering circuit malfunction which was current( at the time)
C 1298 pcm class 2 data link malfunction which was not current but was thrown recently
These are the two codes I was worried about and think maybe someon could have a opinion on

Sorry for the seemingly random thoughts was having a shitty day and didn't mean to cause the forum any grief or seemingly ******* remarks thank u

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,234 Posts
Okay well I'm sorry my random thoughts are as follows

Abs and tcs lights would illuminate( light up) intermittenly in between the constant service steering system message. I know I need a rest Hub assembly but I don't think that will solve my problem!!

It was wet out( it rained a lot) and as I went thru a hefty puddle, there would be no ses lights on clear dash, it would throw both abs and tcs lights on the dash!!! It was right as the front of the car would enter the puddle!! My assumption is that the water was penetrating somewhere in the engine that would cause this!!! After a minute or so the dash would clear again.

Now my question is if anyone has any incite on a possibility where moisture could be getting in somewhere and throwing the codes.
The codes I had were
c 1241- variable effort steering circuit malfunction which was current( at the time)
C 1298 pcm class 2 data link malfunction which was not current but was thrown recently
These are the two codes I was worried about and think maybe someon could have a opinion on

Sorry for the seemingly random thoughts was having a shitty day and didn't mean to cause the forum any grief or seemingly ******* remarks thank u
===============================
I know I need a rest Hub assembly
not sure what a rest hub assembly is -

there would be no ses lights on clear dash,
only emissions related problems -
illuminate the SES light -

it would throw both abs and tcs lights on the dash
I would expect more "C" codes set - than the two you listed -

start checking the various grounds -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts