Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Fleetwood
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a couple repairs i need to do for my Deville.

1st. I have what looks like a grounding issue on my caddy, when using the turn signals both signals come on. I also noticed one of the bulbs flickering (brand new LED Bulb),
Where are the Grounding spots located?

2nd. Gas door was frozen shut, tried de-icer but the release would not pull in, got door open but busted the pin off the release so now the fuel door wont stay closed. Is there a part number for a new release pin?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,261 Posts
I got a couple repairs i need to do for my Deville.

1st. I have what looks like a grounding issue on my caddy, when using the turn signals both signals come on. I also noticed one of the bulbs flickering (brand new LED Bulb),
Where are the Grounding spots located?

2nd. Gas door was frozen shut, tried de-icer but the release would not pull in, got door open but busted the pin off the release so now the fuel door wont stay closed. Is there a part number for a new release pin?
==========================
I also noticed one of the bulbs flickering (brand new LED Bulb),
the LED bulb has almost no resistance compared to the original filament bulb -
that is the cause of the "hyper-flash" - or - as you called it "flickering" -

I recommend installing "regular" bulbs -
get the turn signals working properly -

then do some homework on using LED's -

=========================

Gas door was frozen shut........................
Is there a part number for a new release pin

junk yard is your only hope -

next time - try a shot of WD40 -

·
Registered
89 Fleetwood
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the LED bulb has almost no resistance compared to the original filament bulb -
that is the cause of the "hyper-flash" - or - as you called it "flickering" -

I recommend installing "regular" bulbs -
get the turn signals working properly -

then do some homework on using LED's -
the flickering is the bulb blinking, going out, coming back, staying on for a bit and then going back out)

i know LEDS have very little resistance , however ive never seen this happen before where both would come on, I was thinking about adding a resistor to the LEDS to increase current draw, The only reason i asked about the ground's was because someone on the forums recommended checking those earlier (the issue comes and goes).

as far as next time for that pin, yeah im making sure the new one stays lubed, i had no time this morning to try and fix it so breaking it became my only option so i could get gas to get to work. I did find a few on ebay, but ill also look around the junk yards later on when its not -20 windchill here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts