Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Sedan Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
For a week my dash and warning lights were flashing on and off intermittenly. I thought it was a loose wire or short because they would stay on eventually. This was while the car was running. When the lights would flash and stay off the fan motor would shut off but the PRNDL lights and the clock would be the only things on. Now, I go out to start the car and when I turn the key, only the PRNDL is lit and no dash or warning lights at all. The car wont crank or start, and no clicking noises. Is there a relay or compnonent that would effect the dash and warning lights but not the PRNDL? I have a wiring diagram and it looks like the starter relay has a connection to the instrument cluster. Could the starter relay be the cuplprit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Before you go looking for electrical issues, have you checked the battery voltage?

·
Registered
1997 Sedan Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem Solved!! Turns out someone in the past had tried to wire something to the fuseblock that was hot when the key was on. They removed the 10A IGN1 fuse and put the wire across the fuse terminals. The flashing dash lights were the wire working itself loose and finally came out all the way. I replaced the fuse and now it starts with all dash and warning lights working. I believe that fuse is to the IGN1 relay.
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts