Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the bolts on my northstar pulled.....right now the engine is out of the car and is about to be dissasembled...i was wondering whut were sum good things to change/replace while the engine is out....i am goin to replace the T-stat, waterpump, plugs n wires. Whut else should i replace while i have easy access. Should i change some of the rockers and other stuff on the engine(it has bout 63,XXX miles on it)

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,994 Posts
Replace any leaking seals or gaskets. Leave everything else alone unless it's broken.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
Once the engine is pulled it is not hard to replace all the seals and do not forget the oil pan seal. once you have the heads off and the oil pan off you can even check your pistons make sure they ar moving correctly and none are loose. No need to change rocker, lifters or push rods unless they are back but you can always have them checked or even dipped in solvent to clean them. Doing the plugs and wires is a good idea only cause it is easier to do now then when it is installed plus it is not a big hit on your pocket book.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts