Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 Deville headlamp lenses fall off manufacturing defect

Cadi customer care denies this is a serial problems. I located dozens of 97 devilles with headlamps lenses just falling off of the socket assembly. Each assembly is over $300. so times 2 per car.

Cadi customer care wants me to glue the lenses back on the assembly. The dealer mechanics refuse to do that. Anyhow, the light sockets now being exposed, will rust out. So, the whole assembly needs to be replaced. All headlamp assemblies need to be replaced. Headlamp lenes are falling off and hitting the windsheild.

Cadi made me pay for the first one that fell off. If they don't reimburse me, and replace the other headlamp for free, I will create a formal recall.

Otherwise, on my brake rotor wearing out again and again. ... No response from Cadi. yet. see other thread.

A bigger issue, is that GM will not give me my car's repair history file that they have. They absolutely refuse. I will exhaust every effort to get my car's file. If they won't give me my car's repair file, I am going to make them buy my car back for what I paid for it from the Cadi dealer.

Feel free to page me or leave voicemail at 1 800 894 6352 or email at [email protected]

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The headlamp lens seperation issue was heavily investigated by Guide Division at our facility in Princeton, NJ.
I should be able to dig up the names of the engineers that I worked with on the issue. It IS well documented. Don't let them push you around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deville Headlamp Issue.

Norm
I know first hand about that problem.
After I first purchased my 97 Deville I noticed that the left front headlamp lense cover was loose. A mechanic friend of mine who himself ownes a Cadillac Eldor. told me that these Cadillac's were notorious for that problem and that I should pick up some silicone sealer and have him reseal the lense cover before it falls off. (I kept putting it off)
Two weeks later I'm driving down the higway and guess what came flying off. (never recovered) plus scared the hell out of me.
Well like you say $300 plus later and a new complete front headlamp housing I'm moving on.
I have not had anymore problems, but you can bet every time I check under or around the front hood I'm checking on those factory sealed headlamp lenses not to mention the silicone sealer that I have in my tool kit.

You are not alone. Steve-o

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Devil_concours