Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all:

My '97 Deville climate control has ceased working. The blower motor seems to be at fault. I have checked fuses and have not found anything related to a fan or blower. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger:
I was afraid of that. What diagnostics can I do to confirm it is the blower motor? I work part time at J & A Automotive in Villa Park, IL. Our mechanic has a computer...will this help? Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
I'm with Ranger on this one - replaced mine this past spring on my '97 - the better part of 800 bucks to do it, too!

what a pain in the arse.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,795 Posts
Lotusman said:
Ranger:
I was afraid of that. What diagnostics can I do to confirm it is the blower motor? I work part time at J & A Automotive in Villa Park, IL. Our mechanic has a computer...will this help? Thanks for the reply.
Well, you really need a FSM to run diagnostics. I am not sure if a computer will help or not. It may, but I am not up on that stuff. I seem to recall someone once posting the diagnosis. You might find it with a search. When mine failed, I ran the tests and everything checked out ok and sort of pointed to the programmer ($$$). I had my doubts as the voltage controling the fan speed is something like .4 -.9 volts and I was not sure I was getting the proper readings. Electronics is not my strong point. I went with my gut and ordered a new blower from gmpartsdirect. I plugged it in before I installed it and sure enough, it spun right up. As I said, they are known to fail and have been redesigned so my money is on the blower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts