Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm having problems with the blower on my 97 DeVille not working most of the time. I can hear the dampers opening and closing as I change climate modes, but the blower doesn't work 90% of the time. I believe it might be the control module for the blower. Does anyone know where in the world the moduleis located on this car and what it looks like?

·
Super Moderator
86,088 Posts
The ACM (air conditioning control module) aka programmer is located behind the glove box and can be identified by electrical plugs as well as 5 or 6 vacuum hoses attatched to it. That said, your problem is most likely the blower motor. They are notorious for failing and have been redsigned. A new one will cost about $225 from gmpartsdirect incl shipping. Changing it will be an adventure.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46611&highlight=blower+motor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ranger, thanks for the info and link. Can it still be the blower motor if it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't?

·
Super Moderator
86,088 Posts
Just a guess, but I'd say yes. ACM's are pretty reliable (thankfully, because they are much more expensive than the blower motor). Check the connector first though to be sure it is clean and tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Ranger