Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'96 STS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to upgrade the headlights on a 1996 STS to something with more candlepower?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,044 Posts
First, polish the lenses with a kit from www.autogeek.net or www.customchemicalpkg.com. Allow a couple of hours.

Then change to a set of GE Nighthawk bulbs or (pricey) PIAA Intense White bulbs. Do not get suckered into the 6,000+K bulbs because the bluer you get, the less light you have on the road. It looks bling, but it ain't bright. Blue bulbs are for urban "Look what I got" drivers.

A light intensity of 4,100K to 5,000 is diamond brilliant. Follow your owners manual for correct aiming. It's easy.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
HI im sorry did not mean to hi jack this thread i was wondering how can i tell if i have HID or standard healights in a 2000 seville

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,044 Posts
Either look closely at the rear of the headlight assembly to see if there is a ballast box and wiring on the rear or close to the low beam area, or remove the spare tire cover and write down all the 3-character codes on the RPO sticker. Enter the codes into www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/index.php. This will tell you what's built into YOUR car. (Pay attention to "1" and "I" in the codes - it makes a difference.)

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Either look closely at the rear of the headlight assembly to see if there is a ballast box and wiring on the rear or close to the low beam area, or remove the spare tire cover and write down all the 3-character codes on the RPO sticker. Enter the codes into www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/index.php. This will tell you what's built into YOUR car. (Pay attention to "1" and "I" in the codes - it makes a difference.)
cool thanks

·
Registered
'96 STS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help - where did you find the HID kit ? Is it available at the Caddie dealership ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts