Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lights and gauge cluster have been going off and then come back on. Everything works when I start it up but within a couple of miles of driving the lights and gauge cluster shutdown. I then turn the lights on manually and they work, however the ggauges don't. This goes on for about 5-10 minutes then everthing comes back up. It has only happened in the morning. Anyone out there know what it can be ?

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
:banghead: I have the same problem with my 1997 Deville Concours. It is a real pain. After it happens to my car(after all comes back on) I am unable to turn on the fog lights or switch to high beam. The high beam light shows but the lights don't go to bright.If you have heard anything let me know. I will try to do the same if you send me your e-mail.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
IFixAircraft said:
:banghead: I have the same problem with my 1997 Deville Concours. It is a real pain. After it happens to my car(after all comes back on) I am unable to turn on the fog lights or switch to high beam. The high beam light shows but the lights don't go to bright.If you have heard anything let me know. I will try to do the same if you send me your e-mail.

Thanks
Tom
I have similar problem with 1996 DeVille. My dashboard readout goes black for 5 minutes or so and in the same time heater fan turns on with full heat. Once readout comes back everything goes back to normal. Did anybody found solution ?
Thanks
Rudi

·
Registered
253 Posts
Finally, I found some guys with the same problem! Gauges and lights just start flickering and go out on my 96 STS... then return sometimes seconds, but often times minutes later. I pull out the lights manually so the guy in front of me doesn't think I'm some kind of *******. Another problem I have is that sometimes when I try to start the car it will start and run for 1-3 seconds and then cut off. The gauges don't respond to the ignition. I think these two problems are related. Any one else experience this? A mechanic friend told me it might be a good idea to disconnect the dash computer, clean the leads, and reconnect. Apparently a bad signal can cause problems such as these. I plan on trying this once it gets warm. I took the car to the dealer when the problem first presented itself 8 months ago. The dealer told me the dash computer had to be repaired ($800 and a week of down time). It might be a good thing that this is happening to a bunch of different models of different years. This should make it easier to pinpoint the problem - i.e. what electrical parts do these models all have in common? Any ideas other than the one I have given would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm having a similar problem except that the DIC went dark completely. A resistor burned up and blew the 20 amp cluster fuse. The car starts and runs, but there is no AC or cluster functions. Did you ever get a fix for this?

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
47 Posts
pilot500 said:
I'm having a similar problem except that the DIC went dark completely. A resistor burned up and blew the 20 amp cluster fuse. The car starts and runs, but there is no AC or cluster functions. Did you ever get a fix for this?
Hey, what resistor blew. I just had the AC unit smoke out on me and now I have no AC, DIC, and the car just wont run. I also blew the cluster fuse and have found that disconnecting the middle gauge cluster connector prevents the fuse from blowing. But the car still wont run, windows stopped, no light controls, and many other problems. Let me know if you fixed it or have heard anything else. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts