Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery was dead 2 mornings so I bought a new batt. Checked charging system not the prob, discovered the draw at the "comfort" fuse in the trunk fuse block. I sent the car to the the Dealer (yes dealer) and after testing it they replaced the BCM, not the prob...they finally diagnosed it to the "radio interface" module in the trunk told me to send it in to be tested and repaired, that was also not the problem. I am out of ideas.

Addl facts, when the radio interface was unplugged the battery still died the next morning, the antenna broke a few weeks before and when I shut the car off the motor kept running so I unplugged it, that was before it went to the dealer and it is still unplugged. When I remove the "comfort fuse" the battery does not die. I am afraid to send the car to an auto electric place for fear it will end up with 10 jump wires. The car is a nice one owner car. Sam C

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
You are definitely going to need a wiring diagram. Find out EVERYTHING on the comfort fuse, and make note of anything that has been acting oddly or giving you trouble recently. Unplug those devices and see if there is still a draw on the battery. Keep working through the circut untill you run out of stuff to unplug. When this happens, follow the wire paying close attention to where it runs through openings where it can chafe and short to ground. It may be a high resistance short, and thus not blowing the fuse.

·
Registered
29 Posts
10 AMP that's a big Freaking draw. they changed the BCM ( i hope underwarrenty) because they were too lazy to olook for the real problem, and since the BCM controls so much they figured that would fix it. idiots. the comfornt fuse would seem to control stuff liek the heated seats and the seat movement, but im not sure on that, i think im gonna be spending a lot of time goin through Si 2000 tomorrow. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts