Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 96 Seville STS, which seems to have certain issues with PCM. A couple of days ago, the dreaded PC0717 came on. I took it to service, and they found that there is signal coming from the sensor (0.8V, I dunno if it's enough). Still, the PCM thinks there's no signal. So, they suggest that the PCM itself needs to be replaced. It that a common problem? I kinda doubt that the PCM would fail in such a funny way. The card drives just fine (except, shifting is a little weird and idling isn't perfect either). I also see a bunch of other history codes they haven't checked yet. Here we go:

IP1552
IP2016
IP2750
AC2250
AC2016
TC0072
TC0073
TC0077
PZ1552
PZ2255

Could anyone tell me what they mean? Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

I dont know what those codes mean, but Ive seen it happen..... ECU <PCM> failing, that is......

You could try a junkyard ECU, or you could get one from the dealer...... I suppose the junkyard one could be sort of a crapshot, but its definitely cheaper......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it seems to me that most of these codes is just BS, caused by the faulty PCM. I'd probably get it from a dealer (about $275, AFAIK) or a re-seller (~$200, but risky). I assume it needs to be re-flashed, so I really doubt if I want to install it on my own. How difficult is it, do you know? Thanks!

elwesso said:
Welcome.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

I dont know what those codes mean, but Ive seen it happen..... ECU <PCM> failing, that is......

You could try a junkyard ECU, or you could get one from the dealer...... I suppose the junkyard one could be sort of a crapshot, but its definitely cheaper......

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Installing a new PCM should be very simple...... I can remove/install mine in about 15 mins....... I dont know where yours is located, but it cant be that hard.....

Get your new PCM from the dealer, and then install it yourself.... Maybe the dealer will put it in there for you......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts