Cadillac Owners Forum banner

96 Seville blower motor replacement.

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  basscatt 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to replace my AC blower motor in my 96 Seville. I've seen people jack the engine up, or remove a dog ear and put a turn buckle and move the engine forward a little bit. However, I've seen someone mention a cut line on the housing that's supposed to make removing the blower motor easier without dealing with the engine. I see where it says cut here, but that housing is so brittle when I touch it, it breaks. Also, the piece that says cut here is behind everything that protects the blower motor. Any clarification on the best way would be appreciated. Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
==========================
I see where it says cut here,
that's good news and WILL make replacing the blower VERY easy -

FIRST - you'll need to reinforce the brittle plastic/rubber cover -
the aluminum duct tape works VERY well - and note where the CUT HERE lines are -

carefully cut along the CUT HERE lines -
of course - save the piece -

this should expose a metal plate held in place by one - possibly two sheet metal screws on one side -
and a couple tabs on the other side -

once this metal plate is removed -
there is PLENTY of clearance to remove the blower WITHOUT moving the motor -

here is a pic of the metal plate removed -

here is a pic of the housing with the plate removed -

here is a video of what the blower looks like with the CUT HERE cover area hacked off and the plate removed

#8 ·
===================
yup -
up until 1993 - the blower speed was controlled by the old resistor block -
it was bolted on the passenger side directly over the evaporator -
it needed the cold air from the evaporator to keep it cool -

after 1993 they kept the same firewall housing - and put a plastic cover the resistor hole -

the CUT HERE was always for the blower -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.