Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was friday night and I'm in the passengers seat of my friends 94 Corsica coming from a movie up Montgomery, the cruise/race street in ABQ. We're being tailed by my other friends 96 SC1. We stop at a burger place and my friend with the SC1 sets up a race with a tercel. I think. I never got a good look at it. Anyway the SC1 has a 1.9L I4 (?), the Corsica has the 3100 V6, and I don't know about the other car.

So we get lined up and rolling about 10mph and the SC1 and tercel take off. My friend notices they're going and floors it. He started at least a third of a second late but passed them both by the time we hit about 65 when we slow down.

Then we line up at a green light getting ready to go and it turns red, so we wait for it to go green again. We all get a good start on green, and the Corsica gets an easy 3 car lengths by the time we hit 50 and slow down, cause our turn was coming.

The Corsica used to be the Ram Air Corsica, but the owner removed it :(. The Corsica cost $88 at a slasher sale by the way. Anyway next Friday I should be able to run the 78 FW Brougham against the Corsica. My mom might borrow the old 75 Sedan DeVille for that weekend, so I might be able to run it too. It's not running too well though, I've heard.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same 94 Corsica beat a 90something Mustang LX on Friday night. Then we lost to a Neon SRT-4 (big surprise eh).

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I used to have a '93 Cavalier RS convertible with the 3100. Very quick little car.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The $88 Corsica lost to two differant cars this afternoon, a turbocharged eagle talon and a brand new V6 camry. The camry was a close race, the corsica took the lead up til about 35 then the camry passed.. but the camry had 4 people and the corsica only had 2. Oh well still fun.

I get my provisional on Thursday so I'm finally going to be legal to drive alone... sweet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts