Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 96 FWB windsheild have Metallic coating on it.....i have a GPS loacator and it will not pick up the signal, Someone suggested this...any ideas

·
Registered
927 Posts
dolomite41 said:
Does the 96 FWB windsheild have Metallic coating on it.....i have a GPS loacator and it will not pick up the signal, Someone suggested this...any ideas
easiest way to figure this out is to place the gps outside of the window even hold it out if necessaryy and if it gets a signal then its the windshield if not the wiring may be damaged or the gps antenna is faulty.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts

·
Registered
'96 FWB; '96 STS
207 Posts
I took out my Sungate and put in a regular tinted one, same as Chevy Caprice, for $210. The Sungate was hard to see through; over time everything looked "crinkled".

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
I didn't think you could tell, but then again, I haven't had one. I wear polarized sunglasses a lot, so I see those windshields a mile away, it really makes them stand out.

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
30 Posts
with or without the "sungate" windshield magnetic compasses have a strong tendency to point toward that huge chunk of I-RON up front !
one thing i thought was kool about my first FWB (without sungate) was you could line up THREE large pizzas on the dash board ... but then i found out that in the summertime you could also BAKE THEM ! :eek:

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
30 Posts
with or without the "sungate" windshield magnetic compasses have a strong tendency to point toward that huge chunk of I-RON up front !
one thing i thought was kool about my first FWB (without sungate) was you could line up THREE large pizzas on the dash board ... but then i found out that in the summertime you could also BAKE THEM ! = )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts