Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, the almost Grand National... We were at a light, had my g/f in the car, and I saw him next to me... So I revved... he looked over, and nodded. So I kicked off the ac, pulled it into drive, hit the brake, and hit the gas to load up the converter... Light turned green and I planted the gas, relying heavily on my new rear end to launch me forward. It was money well spent... That Fleetwood launches very hard now, and I think I suprised the Buick guy, because I left him off the line. 10, 20, 30, 40 was opening still, 45 ish, the 1-2 shift, and she barks them bigtime, 50, 60, 70, the Buick's still losing ground, and I shut it down. We get next to each other at another light, and he let me know his car's got a misfire and check engine light on, etc. but said he couldn't believe how the Caddy took off from the line. I was very happy. Admittedly though, still looking at snails on Ebay. :)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Nice kill. The guy sure had a list of excuses. My tire pressure was low, my foot had a sudden attack, my engine has a cold. j/k :D Glad you got to make the new hardware work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
its so much fun beating people in B Bodys!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
really...the fleetwood is a d body? i always thougth the roadmasters,caprices, and fleetwoods were all b bodys

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
the impala/ caprice and the roadmaster share a 115.9" wheelbase, the fleetwoods are a 121.5" wheelbase and the often forgotten oldsmobile custom cruiser is a 115.9".

By the way, im not trying to insult any one's intelligence, i just dont like the wrong info going around. I get all my numbers and info from the "standard catalog to Cadillac 1903-2000 " or "Standard Catalog of American Cars 1976-1999"

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
yeah, you can really tell when ur sitting in the backseat, the roadmaster is kinda cramped for legroom (38.9"), and the fleetwood has more than enough (43.9")

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yep, FW is the only D-body 1993-6
The Imp/Caprice/RM/and wagons 1991-6 are all B-bodies!

Nice kill!

Recently I ran with a new Hemi Charger R/T, we were dead even when I let off at 80MPH. Boy did I surprise him... and myself!

D-bodies rule!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Nice work. That guy had no business driving that thing around in that condition. I'm going to find out who he is and have his TR membership revoked.

They're all hype anyway - I mean it's just a V6 right? ;)

Jim

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Fleetwood actually outran a Deville a few nights back, before I backed a pinion out some and quit playing... 03 or so, Northstar, DHS (He shut down at 110) We ran 70-110 a few times, and a couple of times 50-100... The Fleetwood kept ahead every time actually. Not by much, but it was slowly pulling. And we got 1 time from a light. The Fleetwood demolished himm off the line.

·
Registered
607 Posts
DeVillish said:
oooo Shadow we might have to race when i get home!
Any report on the 1/4 times, 60ft, ET, etc. that the RT CHarger runs?
My modded Fleetwood ran dead even with an RT a few weeks ago from a stop to 70mph.....

I looked up HP and TQ but was just wondering what the ET was as a funky "apples to oranges" comparison since my car won't be hitting the track since winter is upon us now. :(

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The non-SRT-8 versions of all the Dodge/Chrysler Hemi cars run mid-14's. The SRT-8 cars are capable of high 12's. I know because I was recently at the MOPAR race day at Englishtown, NJ. I run dead even or slightly ahead of the NON-SRT-8 Magnum with my FTS. He was running 14.6's and I was running 14.5's (that was a different day at Atco, NJ). The Non-SRT-8 cars are good for low 6 second 0-60 times also.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Katshot said:
The non-SRT-8 versions of all the Dodge/Chrysler Hemi cars run mid-14's. The SRT-8 cars are capable of high 12's. I know because I was recently at the MOPAR race day at Englishtown, NJ. I run dead even or slightly ahead of the NON-SRT-8 Magnum with my FTS. He was running 14.6's and I was running 14.5's (that was a different day at Atco, NJ). The Non-SRT-8 cars are good for low 6 second 0-60 times also.
Hope this helps.
Groovy, thanks. I 'heard' that as well, mid-14s. Kinda what I'd guess my FW has in her from the butt-dyno.

:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
10 Participants
turbojimmy