Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang!

I just drug a 96 Fleetwood home from the junk yard. I just had to have it. It's funny. The car is a complete running and driving car. I cant see any big reason they junked it. The only thing that I can find wrong with it is the interior lights will not turn of when the car is running. Yet, when i shut the car off and leave it, the lights turn off as designed. Any ideas?
Thank you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried to upload pictures to this site numerous times. It will not let me. Don't get me wrong. The car is not perfect. But, it is all there and not even Rusty. Just has some bumps and bruises that I need to address it. Believe it or not, I got the car for seven hundred bucks. Drove it home. And now I know why. Just a few electrical demons

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
803 Posts
I have tried to upload pictures to this site numerous times. It will not let me. Don't get me wrong. The car is not perfect. But, it is all there and not even Rusty. Just has some bumps and bruises that I need to address it. Believe it or not, I got the car for seven hundred bucks. Drove it home. And now I know why. Just a few electrical demons
Oh I believe you... I once junked a 92’ Eldorado Touring Coupe that appearance wise was in near mint condition. The only thing that was wrong with it was the re paint on the hood was peeling due to improper prep from the body shop. But other than the hood it was a creampuff...

Unfortunately I let it go to sh!t mechanically and I wasn’t willing to put the money into fixing it so I junked it for $400 bucks. I still regret getting rid of that car. It was pearl white and had a painted body kit along with other subtle things to make it look like a later model.

I bet the young black dude who I spoke to on the phone was floored when he saw it towed in because he probably fell in love with what fell into his lap! Lol. After speaking to him I’m certain that car got another chance at life.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,471 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all!! I need to get it in the garage and look at it... but, i can find the door switch. I will read about the RAP. I love the old girl. With the lt1, its really fun to drive

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,471 Posts
They don't use traditional door switches that most ppl think of.

RAP is retained accessory power, after 10min (IIRC) everything shuts off.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,611 Posts
There is a module for theft and door locks and interior lights. It is just under the third brake light . you can get to it from the back seat. pop off the brake light cover and just under the light pull out the module.. Unplug it ... Now do the lights go out running with the door shut? If so the module could be bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts