Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am totally frustrated. My driver side front blinker won't work, nor does the interior indicator. The right is fine, the rear is fine. I replaced a socket for the outer blinker and new bulbs everywhere. Is this common? The driver cornering lamps is also out, does that affect the turn signal? My 84 Trans Am had a similar consistently frustrating issue. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,609 Posts
Its not common. My All the lights in my 1968 still work, but I have had to replace the turn signal switch twice. You might have a broken turn signal switch. The cornering lamp is a clear bulb while the turn signal is usually amber. They are both activated by the switch. It is also possible that the flasher is bad, but that will usually take out either both sides or front & rear on one side.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The cornering lamps are a seperate circuit & switch in the multi function switch.
There are 3 additional wires in the plug at the bottom of the steering column for the corner lamps.
Ignition 12v+, left & right corner lamp switch legs out.
In theory it's possable to have a bad or miss adjusted multifunction switch that would cause many problems.

But the 1st place I would check is the bulb. Then the socket. Check for 12v - & +.
Bad grounds can cause problems.
On the core suport engine side left & right are the body grounds as well as checking the body ground off the - battery cable.

To get more driving light I put a seperate under dash switch, DPDT relay, & fuse for the corner lamps.
Turn the switch on and both corner lamps light constantly with the parking lamps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts