Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this forum for the last 5 hours and have tried just about everything. To start with, I replaced the battery and positive and negative cables on the car when it would barely crank over but start. After replacing the battery, the car will not start and gives me the following codes: PC0603, PC1631, PC1632, IP1552, IP2710, IP2750, IP2780, PZ1552, PZ1558, RF2560 in that order. I tried the key cleaning, and even made the reisitor pack to bypass the key which didn't work either. After pulling the codes, I get the PROBLEM WITH THEFT SYSTEM CAR MAY NOT RESTART message. I do have spark, fuel up to the fuel rail, but suspect the injectors are disabled due to the theft system. Any help is greatly appreciated!!:banghead:

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did clear the codes and all the car does is crank and turn over without starting. After clearing the codes, all I get is the prob. w/ theft message.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
On my 90 the Passkey system disabled the timing pulses to the fuel injectors so when I bypassed the starter enable relay it would fire while the key was in 'start' and die as soon as the ignition went to 'run.' I got away with the resistor trick to appease it so if you've already done that your Passkey module may have passed out. The dealer or a factory service manual may be your only choices - and my FSM for the 90 was none too detailed on where the anti-theft stuff was; maybe there's a secret supplement or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts