Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 96 cadillac fleetwood and im noticing a drip from the black plastic piece under my passenger side dash? Looks like water not coolant but mite be wrong but dont smell like it.Noticed this when i was bleeding my coolant system with the heat on. Any help??

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,163 Posts
You need to go on the other side of the firewall and clear the drain. It's under the heater hoses. Then, put a hose on it, and route it down to the frame. It used to have a 90 degree elbow on it, but is likely missing.

This one has the 90 (or they used a spark plug boot), and have put a hose on with RTV to get the water out.

Of course, this is if it is water (condensation from the AC). If it's coolant, you still need to do the above, but you also need to replace the heater core.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info .i cant see that part in your pic? I must got to get real low? But yea the ac in the motor bay is real cold and getting wet from it being cold and see it dripping from the unit. Do it supose to be like that? When heat on?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhhhi seee now ok got a better understanding now. Ill check in the morning and give you a update thanks for the diagram this great

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked today and that L fitting was there. So can eliminate that. Now on to the next. The drain area you talking about that can be clogged where is it at?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,163 Posts
It can get clogged, yes. Take the elbow off and look in the tube with a mirror or take pics with your phone. However, you are going to need to drop the tray under the dash to really figure out what's going on (and confirm that it's not coolant). This will allow you to really clean the tray/drain and re-seal it around the perimeter if necessary.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so all i got to do is drop the black platic its dripping from and ill be able to see where that elbow from the otside go into the inside area

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,163 Posts
Yes, you'll see daylight through there with the tray out:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh so the black plastic part under the dash is where the water drips from the ac then leaks out to the elbow outside the firewall correct?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,163 Posts
Yes, the tray that is closer to the firewall/floor, behind the connection for the blower motor. You can see it in the pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts