Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Deville
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my throttle body off and took a look down the intake and there is a whole lot of oil puddled in the bottom of the intake. Damn near to the top of the ridges that separate the runners. Anybody ever seen this before and if so where is it all coming from. It's a very high mile car that leaks and burns oil like crazy but is a good runner.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
PCV carryover. Somewhere in Engines, Northstar is a thread titled "A river runs through it". Google the title, preceded by "cadillac forums".

The fix ??? Remove the intake manifold and hot tank it, manually flushing all 8 intake runners, drying thoroughly after cleaning.

Later engines - after 1999 - don't have anywhere near the problem due to routing of the PCV dirty air line, and the 2000 and later engines changed to a different cam cover internal baffle system and then to a fixed orifice vs. a PCV "rattle valve".

·
Registered
1996 Deville
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sub that was a great thread. I am in the middle of doing the water crossover gaskets and figured I would finally get around to the valve cover gaskets while it was in the garage. So I will absolutely be checking on that baffle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts