Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emissions system reading across the dash and these two readings popped up. Recently I noticed it takes 6 to 7 kicks to turn over an now sounds like 15 to 20 so this seems like something like a fuel pump not sure any ideas?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Not sure what exactly questions are, post your codes with definitions. If long cranking i woukd check fuel pressure as easy to do. Knock sensors have never been mentioned as going bad here, although my wiring had about been chewed threw by vermin...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
Re: 96 sdndeville knock sensor and o2 sensor

:yeah: Fuel pressure (assuming you are talking about cold starts).
When was the TB last cleaned?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Codes were b1 knock sensor and b2 rear o2 sensor. Changed the rear sensor and after about 3000- 3500 rpm the service soon light will pop on. Def goin to try to clean throttle body. Sounds like no fuel at first then slowly will kick over like a 2 stroke.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,133 Posts

No such codes.

You're looking for several DTCs that look like P XXXX and/or U XXXX - a letter followed by 4 digits - and then a C or H (Current or History). Your car may use a mix of older OBD1 and newer OBD-II codes: 1996 was the turnover year.

·
Super Moderator
86,996 Posts

There is no such thing as a B1 (Bank 1) knock sensor. There is only one knock sensor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changed plugs an wires and runs like a top. Cleared the 02 sensor code but yes still just knock sensor code. Once I reach a certain rpm the knock sensor code will pop back on. Seen the fuel rail and stop there. Is this expensive and should I replace the starter as well. Don't read much on knock sensor problems on a N*

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,133 Posts

Use this to make sure the coils are correctly connected to the corresponding numbered plugs.

·
Super Moderator
86,996 Posts

:hmm: Why would you replace the starter for a knock sensor or O2 sensor code? If the engine cranks, the starter is good. Chances are, you have a bad knock sensor if you have a knock sensor code.

·
Super Moderator
86,996 Posts

Ahh, hadn't thought of it that way. I agree. I wouldn't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts