Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help please, the compressor stopped working and I had it checked, we unplugged the compressor and attached a volt meter to the harness and it was dead. We checked all the fuses at all three fuse blocks and everything was fine. The climate control panel will not come off of "econ". when I press "auto" it immediately goes back to "econ" so I don't know if the panel is messed up or if there is a circuit problem. Could someone please shed some light on this issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katshot said:
Chances are there's a refrigerant leak and the system has been disabled. Is there a message on the DIC about low refrigerant or check A/C?

I have not seen any messages on the DIC about the A/C or low refrigerant. When the guy checked it he did push the off button and the red temp. button on the climate control panel at the same time and some codes were displayed on the DIC. We have no idea what those codes mean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a diagnostic check and the code was low refrigerant. So my question now is do you have any idea how expensive finding a leak could be and once the leak has been fixed is the only thing left to do is recharge the system with freon?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
brougham