Cadillac Owners Forum banner

96 Coolant Recovery Tank Pics

568 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  fmw63
Anybody have cutaway pics of the coolant recovery tank?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
These cars do not have coolant recovery tanks - those were non-pressurized and used with radiator top tanks. Our type is fully pressurized to system pressure and is usually called a "surge tank" or "coolant reservoir".

There are quite a few different tanks - the only differences besides interior volume/shape would be the level sensor.

Here's an end shot of a 2002 - different from yours, but you can see the green float, reed switch under the tank, and a hazy look at the short float tower - that float moves only 3/4 to 1".


See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.