Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the community and I must say I wish I knew about this place a while ago...seems like a great forum. Onto my questions?

I am out of town right now staying with a friend on holidays and upon driving to my destination my ABS and Traction Control indicators were staying on. When I got to where I was going I checked out the net and found that I should do a diagnostics.

I just finished my diagnostics and got the following codes:

PC0155
PC0603
AC1312
AC1340
TC0027

If anyone can help me out with the meaning of these codes, and ways of fixing my problem I would be forever grateful. The car is a 1996 Cadillac STS 4.6L Northstar.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I found what the code means. TC0027: LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault. I've searched around on the forums and have seen that this is a fairly common problem. I also read that it could just be a loose wheel speed sensor.

Is this as easy as taking off the tire and looking for a loose wire somewhere, or is it harder to get at? Or could the problem still be a faulty sensor?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
As I recall, the sensors are an integral part of the hub assembly so if the sensor's bad, you must replace the hub. It may be a bad connection though, and that you can check quite easily. There's a short pigtail from each hub and that connects to the harness. Check that connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just took the tire off and wiggled around the connection and made sure it was tight, put the tire back on, and the abs/traction control lights stayed off and I had 1st gear back for about 5 minutes, then the lights came on again. It's an improvement as I haven't seen those lights off for a week or so. I guess I will go back and pull the plug off... clean it, etc and see what happens.

UPDATE---

No luck... ABS and Traction control are still sitting on. Looks like I get to spend some money on parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts