Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 seville sls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is in shop...car turns over but wont start . The shop is telling me they checked fuses under dash,and hood and they are about to check fuses they say are under back seat.I told them there was another fuse block in trunk.
They said that they are worried that as it seems now that things are pointing to the main computer and if it turns out to be that they are unable to fix it because of proprietary nature on the software.
Any one have this problem before?

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Check for OBD codes. What were the circumstances of the break down on highway?. How fast were you going, what telltale lights came on, any warning lights on the dash, etc. I'm a bit surprised the mechanics have not already checked for the codes but you can do it yourself too. If they had and found out the indicated problem perhaps you could be back on the road by now.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
This post should probably be in the Northstar section.

I assume they have verified that there is sufficient fuel pressure and that there is no ignition?

·
Registered
eldorado
125 Posts
Fuses? could be several things ..Fuel pump,crank trigger, alt,batt,ran out of gas? (gas gauge not correct) need lots more info ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts