Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, iam a young kid ( 19) i just got my 95 sts caddie, i luv this car, but the ride really sucks, example; when iam driving i feel every bump and the car bounces off of every bump, the car rydes real low and the turning sucks real bad....i think the solution is new struts, but iam not sure, can someone please help me fix this!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i searched around and i found strut masters, arnott, and monroe ( from pep boys) for passive struts, but iam not sure i dont no anymore

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
I think that your struts are bad. You're on the right track by searching for passive systems if you don't want to dent your checkbook too bad. Most passive systems do not come with the right electronics to keep the codes and the SRC message from comming up though. There are a few ways of dealing with this. The way I would recommend is to unscrew the dampering valves off of your old struts and leave them plugged in on your car. Be sure to weatherproof them really good so they don't go bad fast. Also when you take them off of your struts, your struts will be leaking hydrolic fluid. So be careful not to get it on anything. The hydrolic fluid will stain fabrics, but the smell is a lot harder to get out than the stain.

When you replace the struts, make sure you get a front end alignment. You will need it afterwards.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Well, I have boston on my car and they are working pretty good, I must admit. I think they may have discovered the right electronics too. Even if they do supply the inductive coils I would still recommend that you reuse the dampering valves off of your old struts instead though, and keep the coils in a good place in case the valves go finally go bad.

The one installation problem I came across when installing those struts was a lip on the wing brackets had to be cut off to allow another bracket to be bolted onto it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts