Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995 STS
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to track down a check ride control error message with out much luck.
Codes are: SO25, 28 (not listed in database), 36 and 44 all in history, not current although the error message pops up every time I drive.
I found in another thread the procedure for checking the compressor but It seems to be working fine, I can also hear it running when I start the car as well. With a error code for the right rear damper solenoid, Is it possible that the problem is with the strut in the rear not holding air causing this mess? When I shut down the car I hear leaking coming from the back, is this normal?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,006 Posts
The only time you should hear air escaping in the rear is if you had a heavy load in the trunk, the system leveled the car, you remove the load, and the system bleeds down.

The compressor should run for about 2 - 3 seconds shortly after startup to "prove out" and pre-load the shocks. It should not run again unless you changed loads or on a subsequent startup.

Use soap solution in a spray bottle to find the leak and repair it. I believe the compressor/drier/exhaust assembly is up inside the r/r fenderwell liner on your car.

Look at the top of a main page in the sticky thread ^^^ titled "How to pull codes" and use the page to link to the OBD-I code sequence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts