Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 STS4
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 STS that has the light tan leather interior. My Shifter dye has completely faded and I want to get it re dyed by myself. Where can I get the dye?

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
j4hennig said:
I have a 95 STS that has the light tan leather interior. My Shifter dye has completely faded and I want to get it re dyed by myself. Where can I get the dye?
Some folks here have had luck at an auto parts store with the vinyl paint. Ideally you will take the shifter off (with the car off, and the keys in the on position, move the shifter to first gear, then take out the "staple" out).

If you want to use leather dye, take it to a shoemaker. He can match it up and send you off with the paint (or do it himself).

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
j4hennig, Leatherique.com is your answer. Since 1968 they have been the experts and they will respond to any of your questions. I have used pristine and rejuvenator on my eldo leather and it is remarkable. They know leather dyes.....

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
gotta say the 2 earlier answers are BOTH right - leathermagic.com for the dye and leatherique for the rejuvenator and prestine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts