Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add a CAI and a 50 shot of NOS to my 95 SLS. Is this safe to do? Do i need any certain computer managment to adjust fuel levels or will the stock ECU do all that for me when the nos is going and keep my fuel levels safe for the high amounts of air? Any other cheap/free ways to make it safer and add power. Im on a very fixed budget but I might beable to get a used NOS kit from a friend for like $200.

Also I saw those chip things on ebay from like $6-$15. Arent these just resistors? I saw one saying not to use it on a car with a turbo, would the same apply to a car with NOS? If it retards timing it seems it would make the car even safer when using NOS right? One guy on ebay claimed his "mod kit" wasnt just a $.15 resistor that causes bad starts and hurts something else... are there different kinds or is he just using a different resistor?

Anyone know where a guide to build your own CAI for a 95 SLS is at?

Thanks a TON!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome....... Thanks for signing up :wave:

You can build your own CAI.... goto www.gmfourms.com and go to the cadillac section..... Do a search, and there is a guy by the name of damien that did a CAI...... Using the stock airbox......

I dont know about any of the computer stuff, but someone else will chime in!!!

Personally, I wouldnt put NOS on a N*...... Youll want that money when something else happens...... But im sure it can be done!!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
My thoughts exactly...... The engine seems to be sensitive enough without anything added to it!!!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Katshot said:
Nitrous on a stock Northstar is asking for a blown head gasket. Even a 50 shot.
If you want to play that game.....Do a TimeSert kit first, a little involved but when you're done you'll have no problems! ( It'll be plenty quick too )

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
DeVillish said:
while yout at GMforums look up a guy named Iceheart, hes got an eldo with NOS, i think a 75 or maybe even 100 shot.
I believe ( if I'm not mistaken ) That I/H 400's car has had the TimeSert kit installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is this kit?

what is this kit and where can i get info on it? or a URL to the maker of the kit.
Couldnt I just replace the gasket with a beeft aftermarket one?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Re: what is this kit?

Actually, its not the "gasket" per se that fails, it is the head bolts pulling that causes the gasket to fail..... So you must get new bolts......

And, if your going to do it, you want to do it right the first time...... You DONT want to do this again!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts