Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experiencing hesitation under acceleration .... checked codes and P074 came up. I need help to identify manifold temperature sensor location and any relevant replacement info.

Thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
jpwarren said:
I have been experiencing hesitation under acceleration .... checked codes and P074 came up.
No MAT sensor for you. You have an IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor.

It is located between the air filter and the throttle body input.

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info ...there is a part listing fot the MAT I have one on order.

Regards,
jpwarren

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know that this is an old thread but the 95' STS & SLS do have a MAT sensor and its located near the master cylinder(has the brake fluid) and has a vac hose going to it from the brake booster...

·
Super Moderator
86,155 Posts
I know that this is an old thread but the 95' STS & SLS do have a MAT sensor and its located near the master cylinder(has the brake fluid) and has a vac hose going to it from the brake booster...
I was not going to bother answering this because it is so old, but for the sake of others who may wander here, this makes no sense. MAT = Manifold Air Temperature. A MAT sensor is an electrical device, not vacuum. It would never have vacuum to it. Also it would be mounted on or in the manifold, not the brake master cylinder. I think you are confused.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts