Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Eldorado
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 94 eldorado with 135k and a 95 SLS with 101k. Both are vin y cars. When I punch it in the eldo at pretty much any speed, it picks up and goes like a raped ape, but the SLS is very sluggish until about 3000rpm, then suddenly it has power. If I punch it over 45, plenty of power. NI pcm codes, new plugs, wires, front o2 sensor, intake gaskets, and all vacuum leaks sealed. ALL Of those parts were needed, not just throwing parts at it. . . What gives?

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
403 Posts
Have you checked your transmission fluid level?

Some other things to check although they may not be directly related:

Air Filter

Clean the Throttle Body

Fuel Filter

Maybe run a bottle of Techron Fuel system cleaner

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Eldorado
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fluid level is good, air filter is new, tb was cleaned when the intake was off, two bottles of techron have been through it. Recently. The fuel filter has not been replaced, but I would think that would more effect top end no? My top end power is normal.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,779 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, the early (and maybe even mid) '90's reverted to 2nd gear starts with TC engaged. Check to be sure yours is disengaged and you have no related DTC's.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,403 Posts
Yep ^^^^

On a level road - moderately accelerate from a dead stop. You should feel/see (tach) 3 distinct gear shifts - 1>2, 2>3, 3>4 - then at over 43 mph light road load you should feel/see an additional 300 ro so rpm drop as TCC engages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts