Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Seville STS and was driving down the freeway last night when all of a sudden the car would no longer accelerate. The engine was running but when I pressed the gas it just revved. I pulled over and there was smoke and a burning rubber smell coming from under the hood.
My first thought is that this is a transmission problem. Can anyone confirm or deny this and tell me what I may be looking at repair/cost wise?
Thanks

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
If it is infact the tranny, your looking at probably close to 1500-2000 when its all said and done...... I dont know why it would smoke, though....... You may have gotten lucky and burnt somie wires.....

Unfortunately, its kinda hard to diagnose this without more details.... So any details you can give us would be great!!!

However, it may be more timely for you to take it somewhere, or have someone come look at it...... It all depends on how badly you need the car.....

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
It sure sounds like the trans.
Try filling the trans and see if it drives.
If it does have the fluid flushed (change filter too) and check for leaks.

All FWD trans rebuilds are expensive. Keep your fingers crossed it's just a leak!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Sounds like tranny fluid is getting out somewhere ( It would explain the smoke and the smell ) Hopefully it just a bad gasket or seal or something and you didn't burn it up. otherwise it'll be pricey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts